- Paramount Global (PARA) stock was up by 0.24% after 25,000 people attended the Game Developers Conference to learn more about major developments, such as the new Unreal Editor and asset marketplace and Nvidia's joint project with Microsoft on the industrial Metaverse.
- Paramount Global (PARA) stock went up 0.24% last night, and the reason for the increase is its growing streaming services, including the popular AVOD service, Pluto TV, which added 6.5 million monthly active users in the last three months of 2022, while its subscription revenue soared 66% YoY to $3.4 billion in 2022.
- Macy's has appointed Naveen Chopra, EVP and CFO of Paramount Global, to its board of directors; the announcement caused the stock price of Paramount Global to rise by 0.24%, as Chopra’s expertise in finance, innovation, and digital innovation will complement Macy’s board while the company plans for future growth.
- Paramount Global (PARA) stock went down by 1.35% as the CEO's total compensation rose to $32 million in 2022, noting his strategic leadership and management of the company during a time of opportunities, and expanding global distribution.
- The article reports that the CEO of Paramount Global, Bob Bakish, received an increased compensation of $32 million in 2022, with a higher stock award, but the company's stock went down by 1.35% last night.
- Heathside Trading Ltd. has become the authorized distributor of Eaglemoss Hero Collector's die-cast Star Trek ships remaining stock, which will be sold on MasterReplicas.com and selected retail partners, with a curated selection of ships becoming available every two weeks starting on Sunday, since Eaglemoss ceased operations, in news that appears to have no immediate relation to why Paramount Global's stock price was down 1.35% last night.
- Paramount Global unveiled its first global direct-to-consumer e-commerce site, Paramount Shop, with a broad array of products representing more than 125 brands and characters totaling over 7,000 items and more than 50,000 unique products from Paramount brands including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, Paramount Pictures, SHOWTIME, and more, leading to a 0.76% increase in PARA stock.
- Dr. Joanna D. Massey is joining Thumzup Media Corporation's newly formed Advisory Board to assist the mobile app company with its near and long-term growth strategies, potentially allowing the company to uplist to a national stock exchange, according to a company press release, although it's not clear why the news would have caused a 4.65% decline in Paramount Global's stock price on the same day.
- Nexstar Media, the largest owner of local TV outlets in the US, has scheduled a presentation for media buyers on 25 April to showcase the company's reach among both national and local media, which includes The CW, NewsNation, TheHill, Nexstar Digital and over 200 local stations; Paramount Global, Nexstar's partner in The CW network acquisition, yesterday saw its stock drop by 4.65%.
- Paramount Global (PARA) stock went down 4.65% after the announcement of a quarterly cash dividend for Class A and Class B Common Stock and Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on April 3, 2023, to stockholders of record at the close of business on March 20, 2023.
- Paramount Global (PARA) stock went down by 4.65% after Statista predicted that integration of shopping and payment solutions into social media and messenger apps, such as WhatsApp or Instagram, would increase user engagement and drive revenues for key players like Facebook.
- Dr. Joanna D. Massey has joined Thumzup Media Corporation’s newly formed Advisory Board, which could have an impact on Paramount Global's stock (PARA); last night PARA stock was -4.65% down.
- Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) stock went up 1.82% after "Popular is Paramount" was launched, a new brand positioning and trade campaign that showcases its ability to make popular content and content popular for all audiences, emphasizing its value to the advertiser, distributor, investor, and creative communities as an entertainment partner of choice.
- Variety reports on the recent filings of Schedule 13G and 13D disclosure forms with the SEC, which offer insight into the ownership stakes of influential figures in media and tech companies, including Paramount Global, whose owner Shari Redstone and National Amusements filed both forms, leading to a rise in the company's stock.
- Paramount Global's (PARA) stock fell by 2.54%, possibly because of investors being cautious ahead of Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell's testimony to the Senate Banking Committee, with some analysts warning of the market still being vulnerable to confirmation of a faster-than-hoped-for interest rate hike.
- The Godfather 50th Anniversary pinball machine has been released by Jersey Jack Pinball in partnership with Paramount Consumer Products, and the company has released 1,000 collector's edition and 5,000 limited edition machines, making it one of the industry's most anticipated pinball releases, but the reason for the drop in Paramount Global's (PARA) stock is not mentioned in the article.
- LanzaTech Global has added Dorri McWhorter, Barbara Moakler Byrne, and Nimesh Patel to its board of directors in order to strengthen the company’s vision for a sustainable future, to use waste carbon, and to face the challenges involved in promoting a circular carbon economy. The new directors’ appointments will expand the company's perspectives and enhance the diversity and inclusivity of its operations, and they will join current board members Jim Messina, Gary Rieschel, Nigel Gormly, and Jennifer Holmgren.
- Paramount Global stock (PARA) went down by 2.54% as the company considers the potential sale of a majority stake in BET Media Group, which has sparked interest from investors such as Byron Allen and Tyler Perry.
- The article discusses the second season of Lost Car Rescue, which follows a team of car hunters as they venture through Canada's remote wilderness in search of abandoned and valuable vehicles, but doesn't provide any information on why Paramount Global (PARA) stock went down by 2.54%.
- The article highlights Warren Buffett's approach to investing, which involves focusing on the underlying business rather than near-term market forecasts and stock-picking, and advises investors to tune out the stock market's noise and focus on criteria such as durable economic advantages, trustworthy management, and fair valuations, as Buffett does with the four stocks he recently bought for Berkshire Hathaway's portfolio, including Paramount Global (PARA); the reason for PARA's -2.43% decline yesterday is not mentioned in the article.
- Paramount Global's stock (PARA) fell by 2.43% last night, and the article explores why Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett's fondness for dividend stocks has played a significant role in the company's long-term success, with article highlighting some high-yield dividend stocks like Kraft Heinz, Paramount Global, and U.S. Bancorp in Berkshire Hathaway's portfolio. However, the article suggests that Coca-Cola (KO) is the best example of investment in dividend stocks based on Buffett's company's nearly 57% annual yield on a stake it has been continuously holding for 35 years.
- Paramount Global's stock went down by 2.43% following its decision to turn down a $3 billion offer for Showtime, a premium cable channel that Lionsgate also wanted to merge with Starz, demonstrating a trend in declining valuations for premium-cable brands in a streaming world.
- Action camera maker, GoPro, saw its stock slide 2.4% on Monday due to the departure of its seasoned tech industry veteran board member, James Lanzone, raising concerns among shareholders about his loss as he has been a long-serving figure since August 2008 and served as the CEO of Yahoo! since September 2021.