- The article discusses the Technical Report on the Albany Graphite Project, which provides an update on the mineral resource estimate for the property and supports a property purchase agreement and the listing of Albany Graphite Corp. (AGC) on a Canadian stock exchange. The report estimates indicated mineral resources of 22.9 million tonnes at an average grade of 4.1% Cg, containing 933,000 tonnes of Cg, and inferred mineral resources of 13.1 million tonnes at an average grade of 2.9% Cg, containing 375,000 tonnes of Cg. The report also provides recommendations for further geological and metallurgical testing and proposes a budget of C$5.83 million for the advancement of the Albany graphite deposit. The increase in Hologic (HOLX) stock may be due to positive developments in the Albany Graphite Project, as investors see potential in AGC's mineral resources.
- The article discusses Hologic Inc.'s participation in the Wells Fargo Healthcare Conference and provides insights on the company's performance and outlook. It mentions that Hologic has updated its midterm guidance to a 5% to 7% growth rate, and the company feels confident in achieving this due to its diversification and multiple growth drivers across all divisions. The article also mentions that Hologic has consistently outperformed expectations in recent quarters, particularly in the areas of Surgical and Breast Health. The supply chain issue in Breast Health is expected to be resolved by 2024, and the company anticipates working through the backlog and delivering increasing gantries. In Surgical, Hologic has seen growth driven by the V5 line extension of NovaSure, which has commanded a higher average selling price.
- The article discusses the latest installment in Adam Mars-Jones' series of novels featuring the character John Cromer, focusing on his most recent book, "Caret," which explores a year in Cromer's life in 1973, including his experiences with disability, bureaucracy, and family. The reviewer praises Mars-Jones' meticulous attention to detail and the bittersweet tone of the novel, and suggests that the author's focus on language and specificity is a way of constructing a defense against narrowness and efficiency. The article does not mention anything about the Hologic (HOLX) stock or its rise.
- Shares of Hologic Inc. (HOLX) were up 1.5% on Monday, in line with a positive trading session for the overall stock market, with the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average also posting gains. The rise in Hologic's stock price could be attributed to the company's strong performance, although it closed $10.81 below its 52-week high achieved on May 1st. Trading volume for the stock exceeded its 50-day average volume.
- The article discusses how Alphabet, the parent company of Google, reduced its stake in trading app operator Robinhood Markets by nearly 90%, which has led to a decline in Robinhood's shares by 86% since their peak in 2021. The struggles faced by Robinhood, including a slowdown in its business and difficulties with ongoing market fluctuations, are reasons why Alphabet reduced its exposure to the company. The article does not provide information specifically about Hologic (HOLX) stock or why it may have gone up.